Prevent Diabetes and Stay Healthy
- Nov 27, 2023
About half of all people living with diabetes do not know that they have the disease.
You may not have symptoms, or you may feel more thirsty than usual, find yourself peeing a lot, and have unexplained weight loss.
It is normal to have your blood sugar tested by your doctor to make sure it is normal.
If you find out you have diabetes, then you can start to:
If you are tested and do not have diabetes, then you can still add better foods to your diet and increase physical activity to stay healthy.
Prediabetes is a condition where your blood sugar is high, but not quite enough to have diabetes. It means that you may develop diabetes if you do not lose weight, exercise, and improve your diet.
There are many things you can do to prevent diabetes and stay healthy, such as:
- Cutting back on foods with empty calories, like sod, candy, and chips
- Eating a lot of vegetables, low-fat foods, and high-fiber foods, such as beans, whole grain breads, and oatmeal
- Making physical activity part of your daily routine. For examples, dancing, playing a sport, or walking instead of driving
- Keeping your weight in a normal range
- Getting tested by your doctor every few years for diabetes
Source: MKT0567 & MKT0556